Friday, April 11, 2008

Saratoga Springs - In Our Travels...to be cont'd


A ride along the Hudson River on Metro North is a
lovely way to get to Saratoga Springs.




Yes, they allow well behaved dogs!
(this is not Stella or her cup of tea - she hated the clanking noises, we drove)

















we visited the beautiful




Seven Sisters Bed & Breakfast












as well as the lovely Saratoga Sleigh -




I took the liberty


of posing on their porches





but,


since neither allows dogs...


we highly recommend

the incredible and amazing








Union Gables Inn.
($25 pet fee)

The historic Furness House

was built in 1901

at 55 Union Avenue by R. Newton Brezee.

It's a beautiful example of the Queen Anne style of architecture.






Racing season hadn't started yet...

but we visited the race course anyway.
Lots of great smells there.



I kept hearing "see! biscuit! " so many times I thought for sure I was going to get one!














Instead all I got was this lousy job,





posing by this statue of a huge, fake horse.









I loved our visit
to Saratoga Springs!

No comments: